Jamii Bora Leasing Limited (JBLL) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Jamii Bora Bank Limited. The company was incorporated in 2015 to undertake direct operating lease business.
Products and Solutions
An operating lease is a contract that allows a lessee to use an asset over a specific period of time in return for periodic payments based on partial payout of the capital cost of the asset. It does not convey the right of ownership of the asset. The product is currently available for Small and Medium Size Enterprises (SME’s), Corporates and Institutions. The product is target and movable or immovable assets excluding land or buildings.
Our product offering is summarized into the 5 main sectors below:
- Education Sector: IT Infrastructure, Laptops, school buses etc
- Health Sector: Provision of diagnostic, lab, dialysis, theatre equipment
- Retail and Trade Sector: Provision of display, storage and processing equipment, motor vehicles
- Energy Sector: Provision of equipment for generation of renewable energy e.g. solar equipment
- Agri Sector: Provision of equipment for processing and production equipment
Types of Lease Structures underwritten by JBLL:
- Direct Lease: Lease contract that involves identification of the asset from the supplier and on signing of the lease contract, the assets are delivered to you in return for a period payment
- Sale and Lease Back: Lease contract that involves sale of assets that you have already acquired and which are up to 1 year old from date of purchase to JBLL and then in turn lease the same assets from us at a periodic rental
- Back to Back Lease: Lease contract entered into mainly with suppliers who in turn enter into lease contracts with identified end customers.
- Stepped Up and Stepped Down Lease: Lease contract that is structured to have lower rentals at the beginning and which increase over time or a lease contract which is structured with higher rentals at the beginning and which decrease over the lease term.